Medical & Spiritual Qigongwith Michael Winn Get more energy from every breath you take! Allows breathing to be effortless, deep, & spontaneous. Erase fatigue — breathe your Way to bliss in 5 minutes. Secret of linking physical breath to Energy Body channels.
- Internal Chi Breathing
- Natural, Reverse, & Counter-force breathing
- 5 Simple Standing postures to still the mind
- Ocean, Sky, & Great Heart Breathing Qigong
9 Major Benefits of Qigong Fundamentals 3 AudioInternal Chi Breathing chi kung is a powerful, simple method EVERYONE can use.
Since we have to breathe all day long anyway, why not tap its power? Time Frame: Fundamentals 3 & 4 can be done for 100 days BEFORE 1 & 2. I prefer doing them in my 1-2-3-4 order, as your breathing and awareness of chi will already be more developed. Either way, your ability to “breathe in life force” will be totally transformed by the Fundamentals 3 breathing methods and by the Ocean, Sky, & Great Heart Breathing qigong form. I strongly recommend you get Fundamentals 3 & 4 together. They are closely entwined, and share the same five standing postures, although different things happen internally. When you feel comfortable standing in the five postures and doing the internal chi breathing process (sitting or standing), you are ready to add in the Fundamentals #4 Internal Bone Breathing & rooting practices. #4 is my modified version of Mantak Chia’s “Iron Shirt” chi kung. Designed more for health and meditation than martial functions, although it supports that as well. Each individual progresses at a unique pace. Time frame may be affected by personal nature, health issues, your openness to subtle energy, and amount of time spent practicing. Those who take a Healing Tao retreat or workshop, with its live transmission, may progress much faster. Live work with a group adds momentum to your chi experience. (If you buy the homestudy course and later take the retreat, you get half your money back). The rule of thumb is to experiment with a new method until you feel your “own the practice’. This means the chi flow of that practice is inside you, you can tap it anytime, it feels comfortable and familiar. It’s become a tool, you can use it when needed. You do NOT need to “master” or “perfect” these practices before learning the next course – which in my sequence is Fusion of the Five Elements. Mastery is a continuous, lifelong process. Please, don’t use “lack of mastery” as an excuse not to try the next method. I am still in process of mastering these practices – after 25 years! There are thousands of breathing methods now available to us from many traditions around the world. The Taoists are the masters of breathing because of their deep understanding of chi flow in the body. They understood exactly how physical breathing relates to energetic or spiritual breathing. Its very different from yogic pranayama, which tries to control the breath and thus the mind (with counting, alternate nostril breathing, etc.), this qigong breathing is designed to FREE the breath to be its best and to be spontaneous in each moment. To achieve this we explore deeply the yin-yang pulsation of every breath, and the yuan chi (original breath) hidden within our ordinary breathing and movement. The process is amazingly powerful and self-empowering. Your breath will never be the same! [collapsible_item title=”
The 9 Major Benefits:“]
- Opens up our ability to breathe – not just air, but Life Force. This radically improves our ability to “breathe in our experience of life”. It gives us the strength to keep on living and trust in the flow of Life.
- Quickly recharges our body-mind in just five short minutes. Internal breathing practices can be done 24/7 anywhere – in bed, sitting in office, during qigong.
- Simple standing postures detoxify blocked energies and stressed emotions. Key to letting go, even if your monkey mind still wants to hold on.
- Mixes our spinal fire and chest water energies to activate a completely safe, grounded kundalini feeling of inner warmth in our belly. It does this by capturing the flow of “empty force” (kong jing) or Original Breath (yuan chi) in deep energy channels & centers that are usually unconscious and cannot be touched by acupuncture or ordinary external qigong breathing methods (waidan gong).
- Makes your body strong. Prevent & heal asthma and other respiratory conditions, plus many other chronic illness conditions made worse by poor breathing. 3500 scientific studies prove Qigong’s power to prevent & heal chronic illness.
- Easy fast method to build grounding essential for energy healers, meditators, martial artists, dancers, yogis – everyone needs more grounding for comfortable flow of energy and to keep their sanity!
- Get in touch with your power to breathe internally by relaxing into the pause between breaths. You literally reduce need for physical oxygen yet at the same time increase energy flow!
- Creates a profound spiritual feeling of inner balance and harmony. How? Tao Mystical Power of Three cosmology is embodied in a simple qigong breathing form. It unites the Heaven, Earth, & Human Sage within us; 3 energy centers of body, 3 Treasures of Essence, Breath, & Spirit (jing, chi, shen), and the 3 phases of chi (yin, yang, yuan).
- Put a Tiger in your meditation tank! Lay a solid foundation for deeper levels of meditation (neigong) & alchemical inner elixir cultivation (neidan). Even advanced practitioners of other qigong breathing systems will find it stimulating and filled with new insights.
Course Summary of #3 Audio Course:“]
Michael Winn’s Qigong (Chi Kung) Fundamentals 3Internal Chi Breathing Note: Audio best when used with Ocean, Sky, & Great Heart Breathing DVD. #3 Audio Handouts (3 pages):
- Principles & three methods of Internal Chi Breathing
- Five Simple Standing Postures (handy reference for practice)
- Guide to CD Audio tracks Fundamentals #3
- Feel physical density of body dissolve gradually with each breath.
- Open vast empty space inside body with strong smiling presence.
- Feel rooted, comfortable, and safe within your body & earth ‘s chi field.
Sitting/Lying Practice:Develop smooth, rhythmic, Internal Chi Breathing.
- Learn to sense and smoothly manage 3 types of chi flow:
- yin force: inhale breath, gravity “sucking” everything into center.
- yang force: exhale breath, expands from center.
- empty force: pause in breath, neutral space where yin & yang chi magically transform into each other, breathing changes direction.
- The rare and unique counterforce breathing method to open power & heat in belly center (dan tien). It works by creating a vacuum suction that draws in the fire and water chi from the spine and front channels.
- How to integrate physical breath with deep energy channels in your body. Feel each breath you take is radiating healing chi to your entire body and aura
- As mind becomes calm, amplify counter-forces (in-out resistance): Method of counter-force sucking chi into center
- How to train mind to stay in center/stillpoint of dan tien while observing simultaneous push-pull of expansion-contraction.
- Keep perineum relaxed, watch for chi spontaneously pulling up on it. Do NOT use muscular force to pull it up (reverse breathing method).
- Method for creating a mental stillpoint for absorbing earth chi through the perineum (hui yin point) and chi from all directions.
- Once chi (physical, mental or emotional) flows into Sea of Original Chi in “empty” center of dan tien, it cannot be manipulated by physical breath, only shaped by spiritual qualities of inner will/heart (love, trust, smile, etc.).
- Feel your Inner Smile evolve into an infinite field of presence that simultaneously embraces vast empty space within and radiates out to body & vast outside world.
3 “Standing-in-Stillness” Postures for Absorbing Earth Chi
- Posture to Open Left and Right Channel Breathing
- Posture to Open Front and Back Channel Breathing
- Posture to Open Central Channel Breathing
2 Postures that “Hold Still Point while Moving”
- Arms Open & Close Lower Dan Tien
- Open & Close while Embracing Tree