March 25, 2007 at 5:44 pm #21800
Interesting to contemplate these “facts” in light of Taoist theory of resonance….if 4000 people are having sex at any moment, then you are probably in vibrational resonance with them if you have sex at that moment,by virtue of the human collective’s natural resonance……ever wonder who your silent partners are?
back from Holland
(where I stay close to its famous red light distinct with legalized prostitution….not sure if those figures would be pushed higher if you included paid sex?)
10 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT SEX
1. The typical lovemaking session lasts around 15 minutes: roughly 10 to 12
minutes of foreplay and around 3 to 5 minutes of intercourse.
2. Humans aren’t the only horny members of the animal kingdom doing it just
for fun. Dolphins and a type of chimpanzee called the bonobo have also been
observed engaging in sexual activity when they are not in their natural
3. While Viagra has made erectile dysfunction (affecting 10 to 12 percent of
men) a household phrase, the opposite problem — premature ejaculation — is
more common (affecting 24 to 27 percent of men). The U.S. Food and Drug
Administration is currently reviewing a drug called dapoxetine as a cure for
4. Crank up that thermostat… orgasms may be more intense in warmer
conditions. The degree of vasocongestion, reddening or darkeing of the skin
known as the “sex flush,” is both more common in warmer temperatures and an
indication of how intense an orgasm may be.
5. If a woman experiences orgasm during sex, she is more likely to become
pregnant, since orgasmic spasms in pelvic muscles help move sperm up the
vaginal canal to the uterus.
6. Homosexuality is not unique to humans. Many species have been observed
engaging in homosexual activity, and in fact male bats have the highest rate
of homosexuality of all mammals.
7. On any given day 400,000,000 people around the world — 1 in 17 of us —
will have sexual intercourse. Broken down further, 4,000 people are having
sex at any given time.
8. Sex cures headaches. Endorphins released into our bloodstream when we
have sex not only give us pleasure but also act as painkillers. Useful
information to whip out the next time your partner uses a headache as a
reason to say no.
9. Many elderly can and do have frequent sex. At age 70, 73% of males are
still potent, and 30% of women 80 or older have still have sex.
10. 70% of women would rather eat chocolate than have sex.
Sources: The Kinsey Report, Wikipedia, American Urology Association
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.