November 11, 2008 at 12:53 pm #29559
note: this research supports the Taoist notion that physical sex is one of the healthiest ways to strengthen and balance the body. Of course they are looking more at how the yin-yang balance restores chi flow in the body. -Michael
25 AILMENTS THAT CAN BE CURED BY HAVING SEX
By Jessica Hupp
Nerds Do It Better
May 6, 2008
Sex is one of life¹s most enjoyable physical pleasures, but did you know
that it¹s also great for your overall health? That¹s right-sex has been
found to help with conditions ranging from the common cold to high blood
pressure. And although you¹re not likely to come home from your next
doctor¹s appointment with a scribbled prescription for sex, it can be highly
effective as a preventative measure and complementary treatment. Read on to
find out what conditions you¹re protecting yourself from every time you
enjoy a roll in the hay.
1. Depression: Without the help of researchers, just about anyone can agree
that sex will make you feel good about yourself and just a bit more
confident. But one researcher has said there¹s a scientific explanation that
goes a bit farther. Professor Gordon Gallop says that there¹s an unknown
chemical in semen that has an antidepressant effect on women.
2. Pregnancy: Sex is both the cause and the cure for pregnancy. Women who
are ready to induce labor often have sex to speed up the process, and
research backs up this method. Semen contains prostaglandins, which help the
cervix prepare to open, and orgasms produce oxytocin, which will help cause
3. Headaches: Although sex can sometimes bring on a headache, it can cure
them too. The tension release your body experiences during and after sex can
ease restricted blood vessels in the brain.
4. Menstrual cramps: Sex acts as an analgetic to relieve menstrual pain,
primarily because of the relaxation and endorphins sex brings.
5. Arthritis: In his book, ³How to Treat Arthritis with Sex and Alcohol,²
rheumatologist Carter V. Multz asserts that sex, as well as alcohol and
other complementary treatments, can reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation
associated with arthritis.
6. Common cold: Manfred Schedlovski, a Swiss researcher from Zurich, asserts
that sex has a positive effect on phagocytes, which are a part of the immune
system that goes after alien bodies, like cold germs, and kills them.
Phagocytes are increased signficantly during sex, and will often double
7. Stress: Orgasms offer a great way to relax, and even nonorgasmic sex
offers some relief. Dr. Joshua Golden asserts sex¹s relaxation properties,
as well as emotional benefits.
8. Tooth decay: Kissing, as well as oral sex, encourages saliva production.
This increase in saliva helps to wash food particles from your teeth,
prevents plaque build-up, and helps lower decay-causing acid. Additionaly,
seminal plasma has been shown to help prevent tooth decay.
9. Erectile dysfunction: By exercising your Kegel muscles with frequent sex
and delaying ejaculation, men can help strengthen muscles enough to help
with minor erection problems.
10. High blood pressure: Semen has been found to lower blood pressure in
women. Specifically, swallowing semen can help ward off preeclampsia, which
is a dangerously high blood pressure that sometimes occurs during pregnancy.
11. Insomnia: Many people find that the relaxation they experience after sex
helps them go to sleep.
12. Prostate cancer: Men who ejaculate more frequently have been found to be
at a lower risk of developing prostate cancer.
13. Hangovers: Sex may not save your liver, but it will help you shake off a
funk. Having sex will help boost your endorphins and oxytocins, which
stimulate muscle contraction and help you avoid aggressiveness.
14. Toxic system: Sex gets your blood pumping faster, which helps to rid the
body of waste.
15. Heart disease: Studies have shown that if men have sex twice a week or
more, they tend to have a lower risk of heart attack. For women, increased
levels of estrogen caused by sex help to protect against heart disease.
16. Stubborn wounds: Studies have found that oxytocin, which is released
during sex, can help wounds heal faster.
17. Low energy: Sex increases energy through exercise and emotional
18. Minor cognitive problems: Whenever you become sexually excited or have
an orgasm, the hormone DHEA is released. DHEA has been found to improve
19. Skin irritations: The sweat released during sex will cleanse your pores,
helping to relieve rashes, blemishes, and other skin problems.
20. Pain: Orgasm releases endorphins, which will alleviate pain for just
21. Obesity: Although few doctors are likely to prescribe a sex diet, the
fact is that sex is a form of exercise. Performing the act of sex requires
physical activity that will burn calories and strengthen your heart. It¹s an
especially great exercise for those who have little motivation to get to the
22. Incontinence: Every time you have sex, you¹re exercising your Kegel
muscles, which are the same ones you use to stem the flow of urine.
23. Weak bones and muscles: Sex brings on a boost of testosterone, which
helps to make your bones and muscles strong.
24. Semen allergy: Unfortunately, some women are allergic to their partner¹s
semen. However, along with other treatments, frequent sex has been found to
work as an effective desensitization therapy for this allergy.
25. Death: That¹s right, sex can help ward off death for men. Professor
Stuart Brody reports that men who orgasm twice a week are half as likely to
die as those who only orgasm once a month.November 11, 2008 at 9:56 pm #29560
nothing wakes up your life force like a brisk morning workout every morning
i have got to get back into it..
for awhile 150 pushups, 150 crunches, 150 standing squats..
or something to that effect
do it every morning and it will surprise you.. first time you might not be able to walk the next day..
and the next thing you know sex hits the roof…
do some chi kung in the evening and you are set
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.