May 20, 2014 at 3:27 pm #42438
I could use some encouragement or insight into my practice of the Deep Healing Chi Kung about a half hour a day since the first part of September. I do find that my visualizations are clearer and I have more chi in my hands. Other than that, it is hard to tell if I am making any progress. Any thoughts?May 20, 2014 at 11:12 pm #42439
OK, let me try.
Half hour seems kind of fast. Usually for me it takes more like 45-50 mins.
Maybe slow down a little so you can connect in deeper . . .
Even so, this is just a small adjustment.
I would be willing to bet that you’ve made a lot of progress, but maybe you just haven’t recognized it.
Certainly, being able to visualize clearer is better (even better would be to try to actualize it in your body, rather than it just being a mental process) and having more qi in your hands in better. So if nothing else, that’s still quite a change.
However, I bet there is more.
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. How is my overall health compared to 6 months previous?
2. Am I less tired? Do I have more energy in day-to-day living?
3. Do I sleep better at night? Is it more restful? Has my sleep pattern changed (less, more, earlier, later, etc.)?
4. How is my overall attitude in life? More upbeat?
5. Has it helped resolve any long-term emotional issues? Has it at least provided some relief or progress on any of these things? Do any long-term negative emotional issues now affect me less in everyday living? Was there any period where they felt more intense, but was part of the detox process, and now I feel cleaner and lighter?
6. Has my level of personal intuition increased?
7. Do I feel my interactions with others has changed? As in noticeably more in the last 6 months as opposed to other periods?
8. Have I discovered anything about myself that I wasn’t already aware of? Perhaps ways I engage with others, or perhaps some deep emotional issue that I’ve been running from?
I could go on, but you get the idea.
I’d be surprised if you couldn’t answer some of these (at least privately to yourself).
You might also try posing one of these questions to yourself before you begin the practice and then do the practice not thinking about the question. Do that a few times, and see if an answer arrives.
I did the practice almost daily for 3 years, and I never ran out of new things. Often new things occur more frequently than we realize, but we often miss them due to not being aware of them. By the way, the longer you do qigong (in terms of years), provided you are trying to hone your intuitive and awareness skills, you will become more observant about these things. You will start to feel as if you are changing faster, simply because you become aware of more.
StevenMay 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm #42441May 28, 2014 at 1:59 pm #42443
I didn’t notice any big revelations after 100 days, but more like subtle energy body developments as I progressed. And if anything, I always felt damn good afterward! More to come if I can ever find the time to write it…May 28, 2014 at 2:03 pm #42445
By the way, my typical practice time was about 30 minutes, and I never felt rushed and felt like I got pretty deep each time. The only thing I didn’t practice regularly was the complete washing in 5 directions, I would only do one direction three times each (front, back, sides). When I did the full sequence it would take at least 45 minutes, and I would do that occasionally. It does take it deeper and I wish I had the time to do it every day, but I digress…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.