This is a long read, but well worth it – in depth study of 267 men for their entire life.
All the unconscious struggles that people go through and need to act out – just made me deeply grateful for having qigong and inner alchemy to speed me through the dark shoals of the unconscious and maintain my health.
Harvard psychologists also did a long term study on a group of students physical health, beginning in the 1920s.
They surveyed about 100 of them who had lived to be 100 years old, and found the following correlations (Dad sent this to me):
1) they lived in a two story house for most of their life or were active dancers or participated in other forms of moderate exercise,
2) they spoke at least two languages,
3) they played a musical instrument, did crossword puzzles, math games, or challenging games like chess, bridge, etc.,
4) they rarely ate fast food or drink soda pop,
5) they traveled to foreign countries,
6) they were married for most of their lives,
7) they had children,
8) they were voracious readers,
9) they were community volunteers (church, etc) and
10) they had good friends of the same sex.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.