January 17, 2005 at 9:17 pm #2542
THE PRACTICE OF THE RAINBOW
“The rainbow is a symbol of divine love in cultures around the world.It represents the energy forces of higher consiousness, which may intervene positively in the fate of human kind.Rainbows effortlessly project their brilliant hues into our hearts and minds, and we cannot help but have our spirits lifted when we see one.Becasue of this capacity to elevate consiousness when properly used, rainbows occupy a special place in I Chuan.
1. Rainbows are uncommon, and to catch sight of one, you must be observant directly after rainfall, when the suns rays come peeking through the cloud cover.
2. Immediately fix your eyes on the most brightly colored portion of the arc that you can see. Hold your gaze and begin drawing the colors into your body through yuor eyes and top of your head. (I find, just like the sun and moon practice, if done in a standing meditation posture, deeply rooted into the dan tien it will feel like your drawing the energy into the dan tien, the very center of your self. This is the best way to get a true merging from my experience)
3. Relax into your favorite meditation posture and keep merging your mind and body with colors and light, breathing slowly and deeply, with your eyes gently focused on the brightest part of the rainbow.
4.Allow your body to become part of the rainbow.If you like a particular color or combination of colors, allow yourself to become the hue in the same way a chameleon takes on the shades of its surroundings.All humans are inherently creatures of light.Actively become rainbow light, and illuminate your surroundings.
5. If you can practice from the time the rainbow is just appearing until it can no longer be perceived, without being disturbed by random thoughts, you will have greatly enhanced your level of awareness.Where was the rainbow before you saw it?Where did it go after you could no longer perceive it? You have just seen emptiness become colored form and colored form then become emptiness.This is your own true nature.
6. Do not return to your physical body.Continue to see yourself as condensed frequencies of rainbow light.Extend this feeling of joy into your daily activities
7.When you feel doubt, remember the rainbow.Remeber you ARE the rainbow.
By the way, feel free to post this at taobums, I just havn’t sighned up yet so I cant post yet
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.