July 7, 2015 at 1:54 am #44540
How do you position the tongue during chi kung exercises? Is it all the time at the roof of the mouth? At the moment I am doing the Chi Kung Fundamentals 2 and in it it says to put it at the roof of the mouth just behind the teeth as I understand. Is this the correct position?July 7, 2015 at 1:56 am #44541
As I started doing chi kung my mental attitude shifts from trying to move the energy towards just stimulating it to move in the right way with the movements. What is your experience? Is this the right mental attitude?July 7, 2015 at 4:56 am #44543
The hard palate is a thin horizontal bony plate of the skull, located in the roof of the mouth. It is formed by the palatine process of the maxilla and horizontal plate of palatine bone, and spans the arch formed by the upper teeth.
The soft palate (also known as velum or muscular palate) is, in mammals, the soft tissue constituting the back of the roof of the mouth. The soft palate is distinguished from the hard palate at the front of the mouth in that it does not contain bone.
Saliva is a watery substance located in the mouths of animals, secreted by the salivary glands. Human saliva is 99.5% water, while the other 0.5% consists of electrolytes, mucus, glycoproteins, enzymes, antibacterial, and bacteria compounds such as secretory IgA and lysozyme. The enzymes found in saliva are essential in beginning the process of digestion of dietary starches and fats. These enzymes also play a role in breaking down food particles entrapped within dental crevices, protecting teeth from bacterial decay. Furthermore, saliva serves a lubricative function, wetting food and permitting the initiation of swallowing, and protecting the mucosal surfaces of the oral cavity from desiccation.
The nasal cavity (or nasal fossa) is a large air filled space above and behind the nose in the middle of the face. Each cavity is the continuation of one of the two nostrils.
Khecarî Mudrâ (Sanskrit, खेचरी मुद्रा) is a yoga practice which is carried out by placing the tongue above the soft palate and into the nasal cavity. In the beginning stages and applicable for most practitioners, the tip of the tongue touches the soft palate as far back as possible without straining or placed in contact with the uvula at the back of the mouth. Variant spellings include Khechari Mudra, Kecharimudra, and Kechari Mudra. Mudrâ (Sanskrit, मुद्रा, literally “seal”), when used in yoga, is a position that is designed to awaken spiritual energies in the body.
Sorry, but this would seem to be both strenght and weakness; what comes to Daoist practices.
Too thorough formulation clearly kills creativity.
General solution would be, in my opinion, to keep tip of the tongue touching palatum durum and during meditational practices position tip of the tongue either to touch palatum molle or to stretch towards nasal cavity.
CAPTAIN HOWDYJuly 7, 2015 at 9:23 am #44545
Yes. But only if it is comfortable for you.
If it is too difficult or distracting, just let go of this need to have the tongue in a certain location. Just focus on the actual practice.
SJuly 7, 2015 at 11:16 am #44547
Thank you for your answers. So Steven would you recommend the tongue to be touching the soft palate all the time if it is comfortable? Because I am comfortable. Actually in Healing With Tao, Mantak Chias book he recommends this position for circulating the energy in the microcosmic orbit.July 7, 2015 at 1:33 pm #44549
if comfortable and not distracting, go for itJuly 10, 2015 at 3:28 am #44551
If one has quite normal salivation it might be that keeping tongue in backward position produces too much spittle.
That position stimulates salivary glands much more intensively.
It also might be some other ways conspicuous.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.